Thursday, March 20, 2008

TODAY I PRAYED FOR YOU by Melissa Sullivan

Today's post is from guest blogger Melissa Sullivan. I read her wonderful poem on MyChurch.org, a social networking and blogging site for Christians and churches. Those of us online there inspire each other, pray for each other, and have a lot of fun together. Click here for the sign-in if you want to explore MyChurch; click here to see my profile page.

Now for Melissa's poem, Today I Prayed for You:

Today I prayed for you
while I was talking to God.

I asked Him to bless you

and I found it rather odd.

That as I prayed for you
the rejection you made me feel
began to disappear
and my heart began to heal.


The anger you have shown
doesn't matter anymore

The bitterness is gone
I'm not keeping score.

The persecution I encounter
pails in compare
To the love that I feel
when I come to Him in prayer.


The judgment that I sense
no longer stings,
the only regard that matters
Is that from my King.


I asked Him to soften your heart

so that you can perceive
the hurt I have endured
has brought me to my knees.


Your animosity gave me a glimpse
of what I could see

as He carried His cross

to Calvary.


MLS 3/20/08


But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:19

No comments: