Thursday, April 12, 2007

CHECK IT OUT!


For some time now I have been enjoying free streaming "soaking" music from Soaking.net. Soaking is a new concept for me. I have long been an active participant in praise and worship. And I spend private times in prayer. But this soaking business is something different. I stumbled across the term, did some research on it, and decided to give it a try. At first I wasn't sure I liked it but now I don't want to be without it. Life has been hectic lately and just hanging out with God listening to this soft low-key music has helped me quiet myself and be still. There's a lot to be said about that:

Be still and know that I am God.
Ps 46:10

In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.
Isa 30:15B

Here's a quote from the website: "We have coined the term "SOAKING" as being that which we do when we lay down before the Lord, with no other agenda than to meet with Him." There is also a statement that this is "one way among many which translates our longings into an act of worship and abandonment, something we can practice to bring us to a place of utter abandonment to God."

Much of the music is instrumental. The limited lyrics are Biblical and inspiring. The entire experience is a gentle, peaceful one that brings me to a place of stillness and quietness before the Lord.

You might want to check out their vision statement and other relevant information at http://www.soaking.net From there click Enter in the bottom right corner of the opening logo to get to the music.

No comments: