Monday, June 19, 2006



CHECK IT OUT


My writing is usually for both men and women, but I just stumbled on a beautiful online magazine called Christian Women Online that I want to share with my women readers. It is subtitled CWO: Uniting Women of Faith. The layout and photography are professional; the writing is excellent. Some of the articles really hit the spot for me and others didn't but might appeal to you. Scripture references abound.

Regular columns include:
  • DysFUNctional by Darlene Schact who writes wittily about family and life
  • Wind Scraps by Shannon Woodward: my personal favorite
  • Me and My House by Kim Brenneman speaks to large families
  • Book Buzz with Heather Ivester reviews Christian books
  • Home and School is by Ann Voskamp, mother and home schooler
  • Bonnie's Kitchen offers simple ideas and recipes that make every event an occasion
Recipes and inspiring children's stories are included in this e-zine. Scrapbooking with CWO is, obviously, for scrapbook enthusiasts and Blogging with CWO is for bloggers. The last includes a blogroll of Christian women bloggers. And each month a different blog is featured as "Blog of the Month."

The theme of the June issue is Father's Day. Reflections of Our Father's Love, by Sarah Lantrips was selected as the winner of a recent writing contest. Her article is a heartwarming testimony to our Father's keeping power and love.

To check it out: click here.

Once there, click anywhere on the top to enter. You'll then be greeted by a letter from the editor. After that, scroll down to find this month's features. On the left you will see groupings of specific articles and offerings. Be sure to click on Who We Are.

Wherever you click, you'll find something good!

==========



2 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

Thanks for checking out CWO. I'm glad that you liked it. I agree that Shannon is a wonderful writer--once I read her blog I couldn't wait to read the book.

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by my blog today, the devotional I read and wrote out was by Dr. James MacDonald from Walk in the Word